Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Rashan Moment

And now a Rashan moment...

I had the bright idea that I would wash all my clothes tonight. I'm trying to leave for Savannah as soon as I get off of work, so the plan was to wash, dry and pack. So, I separated the clothes, put a load in the washing machine and then went to put in the detergent when I realized I was missing a necessary ingredient. I had no detergent. Container, yes. Detergent, no. I started to curse someone out for leaving an empty thing of detergent in the laundry room, but then I realized that it could only have been me that did that dumb stuff. It was 4 in the morning, but I decided to go to the store. I was (and am still) wearing a pair of old jeans and a Mecca T shirt I got back in 98, complete with an unsightly bleach stain on the sleeve, but oh so comfortable. Looking straight bummy and I have a thing about going out looking bummy, even if it is 4 AM and no one of consequence will see me. Hell, for all I know I'll meet the woman of my dreams at the store, but will be looking too tore up to holla. But I digress. It took no more than 15 minutes and I was back to washing my clothes. I did a couple of loads of dark clothes, then when it came time to do my whites, would you believe that I had no bleach? It was now 5:30 in the morning. I had a couple of choices. I had enough T Shirts to last me on my trip. I could also wash clothes when I got to my grandma's house. Worse come to worse, I could just go buy some more. I chose option D. I decided to take my ass back to the store. The only problem was, in my warped mind, I couldn't just go back to the same grocery store. They would look at me like I was crazy. So, I drove in the other direction and hit up another spot. Cool, I got my bleach and some dryer sheets just in case I was about to run out of them. When I got home, I checked my load of clothes in the dryer and damn it if they weren't just as damp as they were when I put them in. That's right, my dryer is broken. I don't know what the hell is wrong with it, it just isn't getting hot. Now it's 6:30 in the morning, all my clothes are washed, none are dry and I have no idea what I'm gonna wear to work tomorrow. I really don't feel like going to a laundromat to dry these clothes. I just want to go to sleep and hope that they will magically dry by the time I get up for work. Sigh, and that my friends is a Rashan moment. I swear this stuff happens only to me, and it happens all the damn time.