Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

It's officially Thanksgiving and I'm about 5 minutes away from leaving work. It's been a slow, long day. I didn't get to sleep until Noon and I had to wake up 2 hours later to get ready for work. As a result, I'm not going straight to Savannah like I planned, unless my sister wants to drive. More than likely I'll sleep for a few hours and then hit the road in the morning. I am really looking forward to seeing my family, especially my grandma. I hope she is in the kitchen right now making her macaroni and cheese. In fact, I don't care what else is served, as long as she makes that. My sister and her little one are riding with me. The big kids will be with their dad. My brother and his family are coming down on Friday. So it will be a mini family reunion.

I called my friend Kareem and let him know I am coming down. We are supposed to get together on Friday. He's really excited for me to meet his fiance and I haven't seen him in years. I guess since its Thanksgiving I should be grateful that he is clean and sober and has his life together. It should be a cool experience. As for the rest of the trip, I'll just try to avoid all the crazy people I knew back then. I actually might hit up some of the Black Friday sales with my Grandma. If anyone is reading this, have a Happy Thanksgiving. Don't eat too much and if you do, make sure you have plenty of air freshener for the bathroom. LOL