Saturday, November 3, 2007

Keep Your Apology

"Don't ever fix your lips like collagen/ and say somethin' when you gon end up apology'n"

Kanye West "Can't Tell Me Nothing" 2007

One thing I can't stand is a fake apology. Whenever someone gets caught doing some dumb shit, they apologize like that's gonna make things better. I could care less about your apology because it's insincere. You can't just apologize for some shit that you meant to do. Just gets on my nerves. Like this "Dog" Chapman dude. The bounty hunter says "nigger" a whole bunch and then apologizes? Get the fuck outta here. You meant that shit. It's only because you got caught on tape that you are trying to apologize. By the way is anybody actually surprised that he would use that word? I watched his show one time and dismissed him as a backwoods racist. Maybe that was just me being racist, but he looked like a racist to me. Its like that in real life too. People just come up with insincere apologies all the time. Like if a man gets caught cheating, they'll say they are sorry when in actuality the only thing they are sorry about is getting caught. It just makes no sense to me. Do you actually believe that apology?

Maybe that's why I don't apologize very easily. At work, I have to give insincere apologies all the time. That's just part of the game, but in my real life, I just don't do it unless I mean it. Sometimes the sarcastic stuff I say hurts (sensitive) peoples feelings. I could apologize, but I don't, because I meant to do that. I fully intended to say some smart shit out of my mouth and I was fully aware of the possible consequences. Likewise, I don't like when people are all apologetic because they think it will appease me. I can see through that mess. If you don't really mean it, and if you are just saying it because you got caught doing whatever, please do me a favor. Keep your damn apology!