Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Change My Name Like Prince...

^^^^^Can anybody name that song? ^^^^^

Prince did it. Diddy did it. Tina Turner did it… Now its my turn. It's time to change my name.

You’ve known me by a number of different names. T. Casanova, T. Cas, Rashan, Rashan Jamal, and more recently, some people have called me Rah. If you know me from work, you may call me Shawn, or Rashan with the Ruh sound instead of the Rah sound. Even my brother and sister call me that. It’s because for many years, I stopped correcting people when they pronounced my name wrong. It was tiring. I knew who they were talking about so I just answered. I can already hear someone calling me wack for that amongst other things, but you know what…it is what it is. Nowadays, I’m super obnoxious about my name. Don’t say it wrong or I will correct you. Let me give you a tutorial on how to say my name. For the people that know hip hop, my name is Rashan, like Rakim. For the Egyptologists, my name is Rashan, like the god Ra. For the cheerleaders, my name is Rashan, like rah rah! LOL. I’m bugging out but for real, call me by my name and we’ll be cool.

So why am I changing my name? I don’t know. Perhaps I’m just tired of everybody knowing my gov’t. Tired of googling myself and seeing this blog pop up first. Maybe I’m just ready for a change. I was T. Cas(anova) for like 2 years and now Rashan Jamal for a year and a half. It’s time for something new. With that I humbly submit to you my new blog name…When thinking about a new name, I wanted to encompass what I really am. I thought, what name can I use that really captures the essence of Rashan? How can I tell you everything I am in just one or two words? Then it hit me. I’m Rashan….and I’m awesome. Don’t front..you know I am. So, my new name for your consideration: RAH-SOME!!! It's a combination of Rashan and Awesome. You like that don’t you? Say you like it!!! I am Rah-some!!! Go ahead spread it around the blogworld. I’ll even give you some suggested uses of the name....

"I read Beats Rhymes and Life today and it was Rah-some!!!"

"Rah-some is my favorite blogger"

"He is so Rah-some that I just wanna lick his face"

"Although he is kinda of egocentric, he sure is Rah-some"

See, you can do it. I know its gonna take some getting used to, but don't fret. Once you get used to the new name, its gonna be Rah-some. If the name doesn't work for you, you're just not Rah-some like I am.