Friday, June 6, 2008

Flashback Friday: 90's Music Quiz

Since my homey Diva aint doing it anymore, I decided to steal her Flashback Friday title. What you gonna do about it? Huh? Huh? I'm gonna hit you all with a music quiz. Since a lot of you are mad young, I''ll restrict this to songs that were released in the 90's. You should remember at least some of these. I'm gonna break it down into 2 sections. 10 rap and 10 R&B joints. I give you the lyrics...you try to name the song title and the artist. I know it's hard, but also try to refrain from reading everybody else's answers until you have made your guesses. It'll be more fun this way. Lurkers, feel free to jump out of lurkdom to answer some of these. Tell all your musically inclined and/or competitive friends. It's time for Rashan's 90's Music Quiz...

The Rap Quiz

1. Broken glass everywhere
if it ain't about the money, I just don't care (that's right)
I'm that Goodfella fly guy, sometimes wiseguy
Spend time in H-A-W-A-I-I

PUFF DADDY AND MA$E - CAN'T NOBODY HOLD ME DOWN

2. Niggaz wanna try, niggaz wanna lie
Then niggaz wonder why, niggaz wanna die
All I know is pain
All I feel is rain
How can I maintain, with mad shit on my brain
DMX "RUFF RYDER'S ANTHEM"

3. Check it, fifteen of us in a three bedroom apartment
Roaches everywhere, cousins and aunts was there
Four in the bed, two at the foot, two at the head
I didn't like to sleep with Jon-Jon he peed the bed
Seven o'clock, pluckin roaches out the cereal box
Some shared the same spoon, watchin saturday cartoons
GHOSTFACE FEATURING MARY J BLIGE "ALL THAT I GOT IS YOU"000

4. At night I can't sleep, I toss and turn
Candle sticks in the dark, visions of bodies bein burned
Four walls just starin at a nigga
I'm paranoid, sleepin with my finger on the trigger
GETO BOYS "MY MIND'S PLAYING TRICKS ON ME"

5. Time to drop these bows, like Dusty Rhodes
Then I yell ho
We knockin em off they feet like a Southern hustler supposed to do
I's in the house, house like, a joint is lit fo my kin folks
And all the niggaz that was down, since we been broke

OUTKAST "SOUTHERNPLAYALISTICCADILLACMUSICK"
6.Girlies wanna ride with a brother like me
Cos they be hear me gettin funky frequently
They tell me don't drink and drive, I say what is this
Pass the Heinekin and Mind your business
Roll up a fat one and pass it around
Laid back, hypnotized by the funky sound
LL COOL J "THE BOOMING SYSTEM"

7.your simple words just don't move me
you're minor, we're major
you all up in the game and don't deserve to be a player
don't make me have to call your name out
your crew is featherweight
my gunshots'll make you levitate
I'm only nineteen but my mind is old
and when the things get for real my warm heart turns cold
MOBB DEEP "SHOOK ONES PT. 2"

8. I wonder if I blasted a little Elvis Presley
Would they pull me over and attempt to arrest me
I really doubt doubt it, they probably start dancin
Jumpin on my tip and pissin in they pants and
Wigglin and jigglin and grabbin on they pelvis
But you know my name so you never hear no Elvis
MASTA ACE INC "BORN TO ROLL"
9. It's been three weeks since you were looking for your friend
The one you let hit it and never called you again
Remember when he told you he was about the benjamins?
You act like you ain't hear him, but gave him a little trim
LAURYN HILL "THAT THING (DOO WOP)
10. Just wakin up in the mornin gotta thank God
I don't know but today seems kinda odd
No barkin from the dog, no smog
And momma cooked a breakfast with no hog
ICE CUBE "IT WAS A GOOD DAY"

The R & B Quiz

1.In the thunder and rain
You stare into my eyes
I can feel your hand
Movin up my thighs
Skirt around my waist
Wall against my face
I can feel your lips
Oooh
JANET JACKSON "ANYTIME, ANYPLACE"
2. And I can't stop thinkin' about
About the way my life would be
No I can't stop thinkin' about
How could your love be leavin' me
And I can't get you outta my mind
God knows how hard I tried
And if you walk right out my life
God knows I'd surely die
TONI BRAXTON "BREATHE AGAIN"
3.Don't think I don't see them looking atcha
All of them wishing they could have ya
And as a matter of fact
A bunch of them are itchin' for you to scratch them
D'ANGELO "LADY"
4. Baby I'm so tired of the way you turn my words into
Deception and lies
Don't misunderstand me when I try to speak my mind
I'm only saying what's in my heart
112 "CUPID"
5. Here I am, and there you are,
your eyes are calling me to your heart.
All you gotta do is knock, I'll let you in,
And we will feel the passion that flows within.
I don't mean to be bold, but I gotta let you know,
I gotta thang for you and I can't let go
AALIYAH "AGE AIN'T NUTHIN' BUT A NUMBER"
6. Still have your picture in a frame
Hear your footsteps down the hall
I swear I hear your voice, driving me insane
How I wish that you would call
BRIAN MCKNIGHT "ANYTIME"
7.I started to write you a letter
But I wanted to be more clever
I wanted to get down and sweet talk you
Hey, baby
TEVIN CAMPELL "CAN WE TALK"
8. No more empty conversations
Next time I will be totally sure, oh yeah
Don't want the pain of falling in and out of love
It's more than my poor heart should endure
BRANDY FEAT BOYZ II MEN "BROKEN HEARTED"
9. Promises you made me
All the things you told me
You said you'd never leave me
We'll be together for eternity
Now it's all in the past
Now I know our love will las
tLady I will do all I can
Lady I will be all I am
JODECI "LOVE U 4 LIFE"
10. Sorry didn't notice you then
Then again you didn't notice me
We remain passers by until the next time we speak
I'm hopin I can make you mine
before another man steals your heart
and once your beauty is mine
I swear we will never be apart
DRU HILL "BEAUTY"
Have a good weekend. I may post something if the mood strikes me. One!