Thursday, June 12, 2008

Less Talking, Please!

I don't like to hear celebrities talk. I really don't care what their opinions are about anything. This goes doubly for athletes and triply for rappers. As much as I like hip hop, rappers are not exactly the shining example of eloquence when not holding a microphone. I wish they would just shut up. I love N.as' music, but listening to him in an interview is akin to taking a hot poker and sticking it in my left eye, then turning it ever so slightly. It's torture, son. How is it that you manage to be so poetic on wax or whatever Cd's are made of, yet so ignorant in interviews? No, I'm not gonna link any interviews or anything. Partially because I'm lazy, but also because I don't want to read or hear some of the ignorant stuff he says. If you need examples, just go to MTV News and search N.as and you'll find a smorgasbord of niggatastic quotes. He's just one example that I pulled out because I actually respect his music. Don't get me started on the Sha.wty L.o's of the world. The ones that are always beefing with somebody about something or other and try to be so hood like that's the goal in life. Really, you wanna be hood? Then let me hold your money while you play tough guy. And whoever came up with the idea to give rappers DVD's should have to pay penance. If I see one more almost famous rapper with a DVD or a Yo.u.T.ube video holding guns and talking ignorantly, I'm gonna scream. Stick to doing what we pay you for. More music, less talking.

Working backwards, athletes always say the same thing. We gave it 110%. We're taking it one game at a time. There can only be one winner. We just tried to go out and play hard. Enough already. You know how I watch sports? With the volume down. As if the inane announcing team isn't bad enough, the sideline interviews rarely if ever provide any insight that your average 13 year sports fan couldn't provide. Just play the game, yo! And I don't wanna hear about how the refs are cheating you. We all know that Kobe travels every play. You talking about it just makes you sound like a whiny lil trick. It's not gonna change anything. And your contract? How about you just stop talking about it and be about it. If you gonna sit out a year, then do it. Don't make empty threats and then when you realize that its not gonna work, go running back. Chill with that. I'm all about workers rights and the right for you to get as much paper as possible, but don't look to me for sympathy when you are making loads of money. How bout you do what you get an obscene amount of money to do: more playing, less talking.

Celebrities make me sick too. I wish they would just shut up. Don't whine about the paparazzi when you play into it. Don't get me wrong. I'm down with respecting your privacy, but at the same time, why are you gonna be an attention whore and then get mad when people give you attention? You knew people would be taking pictures of you getting out that car when you decided not to put on underwear. Stop frontin! Also, I don't care about your pet projects. Sorry, things are not more important just because a celebrity talks about it. At least not to me. Also, unless you have Opr.ah status, I don't really care who you are voting for. It's not gonna sway me. While I'm talking about celebrities, your disingenuous apologies are for the birds too. You aren't sorry. You are only sorry you got caught. Keep it real with us. Just act/sing/dance/write/direct/whatever you are famous for, less talking.

Matter of fact, let's not limit this to famous people. All them Internet posting, talk radio talking, letters to the editor writing blowhards with ridiculous opinions should stop too. If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you. Or I'll read your blog. Less talking, please!