Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thinking When I Should Be Sleeping

I used to think I was pretty secretive. I was known for listening to other people's stories and not telling any of mine. Then I started blogging. I realize now I tell relative strangers way more than I tell people in real life. Well, let me backtrack, because I don't think of my blog fam as strangers, especially those that I've spent hours and hours emailing and calling. But for some reason, its a whole lot easier to tell you guys things. And it's pretty much no holds barred. I don't care that people know my every move. I don't care if it makes me look bad. I keeps it real, son!

I just can't be that secretive blogging dude. There's no mystery about me. You know what I look like, where I live, where I like to hang out, my drink of choice, and so on and so on. There's no wondering about what Rashan is like. Although there are a few glossed over areas, you pretty much know the real me from reading the blog. And if there is something that you don't know that you want to know, then ask me. Diva, I would hope, can tell you that I'm pretty much an open book, except of course when I'm self deluding. Then all bets are off, but I don't deliberately try to hide stuff like I used to.

What was the point of what I was saying? I'm not sure anymore, other than to just tell you that I'm pretty transparent now a days. I thank blogging for making me this way. Although it used to be second nature for me to be less than forthcoming, I think I'm over that now. You never will have to worry about hearing stories of my hidden wife and kids, or that my blog persona is totally different from who I really am, or that I hold an embarrassing, mysterious secret that I don't want anyone to know. I pretty much tell it all, flaws and all, so you get a true sense of who I'm is. I'm just Rashan. That sarcastic, nerdy, intermittently cocky, eclectic, anti social, charming, loyal, narcissistic, realistic, (I'm tired of coming up with adjectives) hip hop head that thinks he is cooler than everybody else, even if nobody else believes it.

"As a matter of fact..f*ck being anything else!" (name that song...)