Thursday, June 19, 2008

Who Needs Sleep?

For real, y'all. My sleep pattern is all jacked up. I don't know if I'm coming or going this week. It's because I've been working this crazy (for me) schedule. I usually work 1-10. That's a little earlier than I like, but I've become adjusted to it. Waking up at 11 is now common place for me. That's what I'm now used to. But this week, I had to go into training yet again. This time for a job that's not really a promotion, not really even a position, but better than what I do on a daily basis. So, Monday after driving back from Savannah and being mad wired off a liter of Pepsi, I had to go to work at 11. Which meant I had to wake up around 9, which sucked because I couldn't fall asleep until 7:30 because of the aforementioned Pepsi. To make it worse, Tuesday - Thursday, I worked 9-6, which meant I had to get up at 7ish, which is closer to when I go to sleep than when I wake up.

But really, who needs sleep? I caught a few zzz's here and there. All I wanted to do on Monday was go home and crash on my bed, but I was hanging out with my friend from yesterday's post. No, that is not a complaint. I'm happy to do it. Happy that someone considers me a good enough friend to call me when she needs me. I'm just saying, I was so dead tired that may have nodded off a couple times sitting at the bar. I hate when people can tell that I'm sleepy. That was the first thing my friend said to me when she saw me at the restaurant. "Damn, you look sleepy." Yeah, I was. When I got home, I crashed out on my bed, but I left my phone in the living room, so I missed my nightly post midnight phone call. I woke up around 4:30 and tired as I was, I couldn't get back to sleep. That sucked... Went to work Tuesday yawning and stretching with teary eyes all day.

You would think that I would immediately go to sleep when I got home from work, but nope. I had to watch the game. And then Senita called me to chat... and then next thing I knew it was 2 in the morning again. And I had to get up in 5 hours. And I was still awake. Wednesday was much of the same thing, except I did do a little sleeping on the loveseat which is still in front of my computer. LOL This time I got to sleep around 3 and got a good 4 hours of sleep before work, but I'm still sleepy. I've been too sleepy to think about exciting blog topics, or to watch my Netflix DVD's (I got season 3 of Weeds just waiting for me, but I can't focus on it.) I'm so sleepy that I should just go to bed now. I don't have to go to work until 1pm so I could technically sleep 12 hours without any problem. But I wont do that. I have funny phone conversations to have and blogs to read, and inappropriate emails to sift through. Who needs sleep anyway???