Monday, June 30, 2008

My Weak-End!

For the second weekend in a row, I did nothing. Well, nothing outside the house. I'm about to have my social butterfly status revoked. Allow me to reintroduce myself... Hi, My name is Rashan and I'm a recluse. So what did I do all weekend? Actually, it was to my liking. I politicked on the phone with various and sundry people. I denied myself sleep to have early morning conversations. I baby sat my lil nephew Justin for a little bit. I chilled with my nephew Tarik and my niece Dominique before they went back to Savannah. And I got the best news ever!!!!

Speedy and Mane McGuineapig are no longer residents of my apartment. When my sister left a few weeks ago, the guinea pigs stayed with me. No room in my mom's crib for them. I had to feed those vile creatures every day, which would not be such a problem except for the fact that I am extremely allergic to them. Seriously, 5 minutes in the same room with them turns me into a snot factory. You shoulda seen me feeding them for the last 2 weeks. I would go into the spare bedroom where they were residing holding my breath for as long as I could. I would grab the water bottle and run out of the room and exhale. After filling the bottle with fresh water, I'd hold my breath again, and put down their food and hay and run out again. It didn't always work. Sometimes, I was on the phone and had to actually inhale their pet dander. Other times it took me too long to get everything situated. Plus when my sister was here this week, she would keep forgetting to close the door to the room, so I still felt the effects. I'm glad to say though, no more guinea pigs for me!!! I can breathe again, much to the dismay of a certain somebody that derived a perverse pleasure from my suffering. LOL Speedy and Mane are now at my brother's crib. I hate animals. My kids can only have fish. Such is my decree. It Was Written!!!

I have a super sucktastic schedule at work this week. I was supposed to work Saturday, but I had put in vacation for Kareem's wedding that may or may not have taken place. I also had vacation for Thursday. When I'm scheduled for Saturday, I get another day off during the week, which is usually Friday, but since the 4th falls on that day, I was given another day. These dirty so and so's gave me Tuesday off. Huh? Come on, why not just let me have Wednesday so I can have a 5 day weekend? Or even if it was Monday, it woulda been a 3 day-er. But as it stands. I work Monday, have Tuesday off, and go back on Wednesday, before taking the rest of the week off. I know I shouldn't really complain since I only gotta work 2 days, but what if I wanted to take a road trip? They be messing around.

Anyway, that's what's going on with me. Exciting, huh? My friend Senita might be coming up here for the 4th, so I'm sure I wont have a third weekend of hermitage. Whether she comes or not, I'm on the prowl for someone's cookout for the 4th. Really, though I need to get up out of Atlanta for a minute. I thought about going somewhere over the long holiday weekend, but last minute flight prices were crazy expensive. I shoulda planned this out earlier. Anyway, hope you have a good Monday, and I'll holla back.