Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lemme Tell You What I'm NOT Gonna Do - Pt 1 of ???

Let me tell you what I’m NOT gonna do. I’m not gonna ask anyone for a password to their protected posts anymore. I did it a couple of times, but then I thought about it. If you want me to read it, then you volunteer the info. It’s not that I don’t care, it’s that I don’t care to be the fuel to your egotistical bragging. I can see you now sitting in front of your laptop, salivating at your comments, thinking aloud “Muuwwaaahhhaaaaa, I got 30 requests for my password!!! I’m awesome!!! People like me!!!” Nope, people don’t like you. They are just nosy. It’s a fact of life that people want to know what you want to hide from them. Tell someone that they can’t see something, and they want to see it that much more. That’s why there are paparazzi. They aren’t being giant douchebags for their health. People like to see what they aren’t supposed to. It’s the same with protected posts and private blogs. I’m not gonna front. My first reaction when I see one of those is “I bet there’s something juicy in those posts. I wanna read!” Yep, I’m nosy too. I mean I’m curious.. Yeah, that sounds more manly than nosy. LOL. But, half the time when you read them, its like why was this private anyway? A huge letdown. And even when it is something of substance, I still don’t wanna be keeping up with 50leven passwords so I can read your blog. Sure I could just go to my email, but do you know how many emails I get a day? Especially on weekends. I’ve decided that I’m just gonna skip those.

You may be asking yourself “Is he really that big of a jerk?” The answer is yes. You can keep doing what you want on your blog, but there is no need to wonder why I’m not asking to read it. Either volunteer the password, or don’t expect me to be there. I’m not gonna beg you to read. Simple as that. I’m not asking you to change, just letting you know where I’m coming from. I don't need you to agree.

This was fun. I should make it a weekly post of what I’m NOT gonna do. Give me a chance to vent.