Monday, June 23, 2008

The Streak

The streak is over. No, not that streak. The one that had me out and about on the town for the last month. I went out at least once for the past 4 weeks. I went to regular clubs, adult clubs, grown and sexy clubs, eclectic cafes. I was in Atlanta, and Clarkston, and Savannah. I went with Jamie and Lakesha, and Senita and Joy and La, and Kristie, and DeAndrea, and Daniele and Kareina and KY amongst others. I think I have fulfilled my social butterfly quota for awhile. So, this weekend: Guess what I did? I chilled.

That’s right, I chilled out and did nadadamthing. Nathan. Zero. Zilch. Zed. In fact the only time I left the crib was when I went to get my haircut and to go grocery shopping (and when my nephew and nieces guinea pigs were wreaking havoc on my allergies. I’ll be glad when them creatures are outta my crib.) I talked on the phone (I may need an intervention), and watched movies (Netflix instant viewing is what’s up), and emailed all night, but really I did nothing. And it felt so good. I was glad not to go out at all this weekend. I was supposed to go back to Luckie Lounge on Friday, but I so didn’t feel like going. I was thinking up excuses when I got the text that said we weren’t going. Even though I’m pretty sure the reason was a lie (I ate some bad shrimp at work – yeah, right!!!) I didn’t care cuz it saved me from being the party pooper. Lord knows I didn’t feel like going. I didn’t even have my haircut and that’s a prerequisite before any outings. I wasn’t looking busted, but I wasn’t looking one hunnid, ya nah mean?

That brings me to the next thing I didn’t do. I didn’t read any blogs. I didn’t respond to my comments. I’m a have to get up on that. Maybe tonight, but more likely tomorrow. Don’t feel neglected if I haven’t gotten to you, I was just in chill mode. I’ll holla!