Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bringing It In


WHO LOVES TAKING PICTURES OF THEMSELVES MORE THAN ME???

I'm watching the new episode of "The Wire" right now on HBO On Demand. Yep, my trifling behind got HBO just for three months so I can watch the final season. Anyway, its January 1st, and I guess I should tell you about how I brought in the New Year. I brought 2008 the same way I brought in 2007-- at work. I really shouldn't complain, since I chose to work this late night schedule and can go earlier anytime I want, but damn if I wasn't annoyed at spending the night listening to idiots complain about stupid stuff while they should be either at church or the club. Regardless, it wasn't all bad. I pretty much did nothing and got paid for it, so that's a positive. Here a few pictures of myself throughout the day. Jamiel, please forgive me for wearing the New Years hat. They made me do it. The fun police were in full effect and they badgered me into doing it.

CHILLIN ON BREAK, 4 HOURS BEFORE NEW YEARS


LOOKING CRAZY WITH THE NEW YEARS HAT ON

After work, pretty much all the bars were on the verge of stopping pouring liquor, and I wasn't trying to spend a whole lot of money to go to a club for a couple hours (even though, I did briefly consider going to Studio 72 to see the Jackson 5 around the corner from my crib. I realized though that by the time I got there, it would be 2:00 in the morning and mad crowded.) Instead, I went to get some food with a co worker at the Marietta Diner. It too was mad crowded and there was about a 25 minute wait in the cold winter night air. It was cool, I had a big ass cajun chicken sammich and my vegetarian co worker had a spinach pie, which sounds nasty, but was actually very good. It was weird, it felt like a date, even though I (think I) was very clear that it was just 2 co workers hanging out. Gonna have to go into damage control mode when I get back to work on Wednesday. Can't be having no unintentional work relationships. LOL

INTENTIONALLY CROPPED PICTURE OF ME AND THE COWORKER IN HER TRUCK




Oh yeah, I am no longer the anonymous blogger at work anymore. A couple of women saw me responding to my comments the other day at work and asked what I was doing. Minding my business was my response, but then they somehow got out of me that I had a blog. Of course they wanted to read it, and I let them read a couple of posts. Needless to say, they think I'm crazy now, but I'm sure it wont be long before they check it out on their own. So, ladies, and you know who you are, remember this is our little secret. Don't go telling everybody about this. LOL





What's on tap for the day? Well, I have a killer non alcohol related headache right now, so I'm waiting for sleep to come relieve me. If that happens, I will be hanging out with my people out in Canton, watching college football and dranking. If not, I will just chill and see what movies are on On Demand and call it day. Hope everybody's New Years was safe and enjoyable. I'll get at you later!

THE CANT HARDLY OPEN MY EYES BECAUSE MY HEAD HURTS SO MUCH PICTURE