Friday, January 18, 2008

The Set Up

I'm just gonna put this out there: I think I'm getting set up...

Today is the "not a date" girls birthday. And I'm supposed to get up with her and some people tonight. My instincts are telling me that there won't be anyone there but me and her. I'm about *thisclose* to just cancelling, but I want to see if I'm right. It all seems like a plot to get me drunk and make me forget about my no messing with people from work rule.

You probably are thinking, "who is this arrogant jerk?" and I understand that. But trust, I have good reasons to suspect this. Anyone that knows me knows that my ego is tempered by insecurity, and I am very realistic about things. I don't just assume someone wants me all willy nilly. Here are some of the reasons I think it's a setup:

Number 1: She keeps touching me. Not in an overt, sexual harassment way, but in a subtle "what kind of pants are these - linen?" way.

Number 2: She keeps making little sexual insinuations - then says "just kidding." I'm not quite sure she's kidding.

Number 3: Nobody else from work is coming. While that could just mean that she doesn't talk with any of the other co workers, it might also mean something else. Also, its supposed to be a secret.

Number 4: It has yet to be decided where we are going. I'm thinking that if this was something that was planned out, then the venue would at least been established. I swear if I get the call that says "just come to the house" I'm hanging up.

Number 5: She offered to come get me from my crib. Understand, we live on 2 totally different sides of town. Oh yeah, and I have a car. Why are you trying to get over to where I stay, then drive back across town? Then she would have to drop me back off and drive across town again. I'm not too sure about that. Either she was planning to stay with me, or have me stay with her, but either way its not happening.

Go ahead, tell me I'm being paranoid. Tell me my history of stalkers is making me skittish. Tell me that my overinflated ego is making me see things that aren't there. But then check back on Saturday, and I will let you know if Rashan was right once again.