Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Guess I Better Go Ahead And Do It

I got tagged 3 1/2 times to do this one, so I guess I better comply. First was Eb the Celeb, then Opinionated Diva, then Minerva Exertion said I would fill it out (that counts as a half, even though she didn't technically tag me), then I see my old alleged blog cut buddy Tenacious (yes, I'm bringing up old shit, T! LOL)tagged me. I had something else to write about, but I must obey the wishes of these beautiful ladies, so here goes.

The rules of the game are:
A). Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog...
B). Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs..
C). Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Two Names you go by:

1. Rashan (emphasize the RAH and we'll be friends forever. It's not Ruh or Raa)

2. You Asshole/Fuckin' Jerk/Mean Ass/Sonafabitch - Was it something I said? LOL

Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now:

1 A button up shirt that I recently learned was Salmon colored and brings out my skin tone. Someone actually told me this at work today. She also told me that I have beautiful skin. I was like "uhh, okay, thanks." How do I respond to that?

2. A pair of old jeans I put on when I got home from work. Strange, I changed my pants, but forgot to change my shirt.


Two Things You Would Want (or have) in a Relationship:

1. Compatibility - I seem to always hook up with women I'm not entirely compatible with. We just like totally different things. And while that's cool if both people learn something from the other, I usually just end up with a bunch of agree to disagree situations that never get resolved and fester throughout the course of the relationship. So, yeah, a little compatibility would be nice.

2. Intimacy - I'm not just talking sex, but that would be nice too. Just someone I can share the real me with, without any fear of reprisals. Sharing every aspect of our lives together. Yeah, I come across as a cynic, but at heart I'm really a romantic. Just don't go telling everybody.


Two of your favorite things to do:

1. Write long ass blog posts. For example, I could have answered all these questions in a couple of words, but instead, I decided to get loquacious with it and elucidate all the answers.

2. Laugh. Whether at other people or at myself, at things that are intentionally and unintentionally funny. I find humor in everything. It may be funny only to me, but thats enough for me.


Two things you want very badly at the moment:

1. Enough money to be able to get what I want when I want it, but not enough to make me forget how to treat people

2. That girl to quit the job so I can get at her. Damn "don't shit where you eat" rules! Whose dumb idea was that anyway? I don't really go out that much, so where else am I supposed to meet women?


Two pets you had/have:

1. Have I done this tag before? I'm getting a deja vu feeling. I had a hamster that committed suicide. I came home from school and found him hanging between the bars in his cage. No one in the family can remember his name. I remember my sister's was Peach Fuzz, and my brother's was Cinnamon, but I think I have repressed the memory of my hamster's name.

2. A cute little dog named Scruffy that we kept at my dad's parents house in Columbus. I remember we used to feed him grits and bacon when we were kids.


Two people you think will fill this out:

1. Tenacious already did it and she's the one who always steals my tags

2. The Goddess is also good for a tag every now and again.


Two things you did last night:

1. Watched Season Two of "Cracker", which incidentally is not about racist white people, but rather a British crime drama about a psychologist who "cracks" murder cases. I'm such an Anglophile. I have 4 different British TV shows in my Netflix queue. Their shows are just so much more subtle than American shows. Not saying I don't like our shows, but its a nice change of pace.

2. Looked at my phone crazy as I received 4 text messages in a row from the same damn person. Really, let me respond to one message before you send me another one. I was in the middle of typing a response when the 3rd one came and then I just said "Fuck it, you are not getting answered tonight."


Two things you ate today:

1.Corn Pops with Lactaid Milk. Lactaid has got to be the best invention in the world. No more doubling over in pain after a bowl of cereal. No more.. well you get the point. I'm lactose intolerant (self diagnosis)

2. A Ham and Cheese sammich with dijon mustard. Cheese doesn't count with my lactose intolerance.


Two people you last talked to:

1. Myself on the ride home from work. I had to convince myself of something and I could only do that by talking it out verbally. I know it sounds crazy, but it really works.

2. The New Year's "It's not a date" girl. She wants me. LOL


Two things you're doing tomorrow:

1. Waking up in plenty of time to get ready for work, then getting distracted by what's on the History Channel, then taking entirely too long in the shower (the hot water soothes me),then ironing my clothes which I should be doing now, then rushing to the car to go to work, then worrying about traffic on the way to work, then getting to work 30 minutes early and realizing that I was rushing for no damn good reason.

2. Finding new ways to frustrate, confuse, boggle, intrigue, piss off, and attract people at work.


Two longest car rides:

1. Atlanta to Chicago and vice versa (13 hours). I only survived by listening to some books on Cds. It was totally worth it. Chicago during July 4th weekend, the Taste of Chicago... Man, I wanna go back this year, except this time I'm flying.

2. Savannah to Atlanta in 1999 during the Hurricane Floyd evacuation. It took like 10 or 11 hours to make a trip that usually takes 4 at the most. Traffic on both the east and west sides of I-16 were going west, and we still weren't moving. To make things worse, I was with my girl and my best friend and they were smoking herb the whole way. I had just recently quit ( I wrote about quitting here, here and here... yep I was writing 3 part posts even when I first started blogging.), and was the only sober one in the car and yes, I was driving. They had a good ride, I was just frustrated as hell.


Two favorite holidays:

1. Christmas - Its the most wonderful time of the year!

2. Arbor Day, I'm playing. Thanksgiving is the real answer.


Two Favorite beverages:

1. Ginger Ale - Ever since I stopped with the caffiene (its a migraine trigger for me) I've been drinking Ginger Ale instead of Coke all the time. Its even better when I mix it with some kind of juice. Like Ginger Ale and Grapefruit juice is delicious.

2. Lemonade - I don't drink it often, but whenever I go out and I'm not on some liquor (i.e. I'm with family or some girl that doesn't drink or like me to drink around them. There's that compatibility thing again. What's that about anyway?) I have lemonade. Again, its even better when combined with something else. Kiwi Lemonade, Mango Lemonade, Peach Lemonade... I'm thirsty now.

Two People No Longer Alive Who You'd Like To Talk To:

1. Alton Derrick Weldon - my father. Nuff said.

2. Marvin Gaye - just to pick his brain about music.

I don't tag people, but feel free to tag yourselves. Especially if its been a week or more since your last post. I'm just saying, I like to read too. LOL