Sunday, January 27, 2008

What Annoys Me About Blogging

Before you get all indignant in the comments, remember I said blogging... not bloggers. I understand that not everybody shares my ideas and I don't really need explanations about why you do these things. I respect our differences. Have I made it clear that I still like you even if you do some of these things? Disclosure over... let's get to it.

I'm annoyed... when I go to someone's blog and they have those music players that I can't turn off. I may not want to hear what you are listening to. I may already be listening to something, then it mixes together with your music and I have to search the damn page to find the player so I can turn it off, but then there is no pause button. Usually when that happens, I just leave the page and make a mental note to come back later, but then don't.

I'm annoyed... when people don't put pictures of themselves on the blog. I would like to put a face to a writing style. I further annoyed when people put pictures of celebrities as their profile pic. It's like, nigga you ain't Tyson or sweetheart... you ain't Sade. I get the privacy issue, and I'm not trying to downplay it, but if I had my way, I would at least be able to see what you guys look like. Yes, I know I'm a camera whore so I have too many pictures of myself. That probably annoys you guys. LOL.

I'm annoyed... when bloggers write about me but don't mention me by name. Especially when its been over a year since I spoke to them and you would think they would be over whatever it is I did to them by now. I know nobody knows what I'm talking about, but I did some browsing this weekend and saw a couple of references to me. I just wish they would say "I'm talking about T. Cas. That nigga is crazy and here's why" instead of using cryptic words, much like I'm doing right now. LOL I guess I should annoy myself right now.

I'm annoyed... when people read my ish, but don't comment. Lurkers, I'm talking to you! Say something to me, shawty. Stop making me guess who you are by looking at my site meter. C'mon, please?

I'm annoyed... when a post I think is great doesn't go over well with the readers and when the BS posts get all the comments. It's like I should just stop trying so hard, because more people actually like it when I'm shallow and short winded. Yeah, there's no chance of that changing. I don't talk a lot, but I sure write a lot.

I'm annoyed... when female bloggers set unrealistic requirements for dating them and then complain when they don't find that ideal mate. I wrote about this before. But for some reason, its acceptable for women to only want to a certain type of man, but if a man says he only dates a certain type of women, there would be a revolt. I'm not talking about anybody who comments on my blog. Just some of the other ones I read from time to time. I would just like to say.. "you are not that fine. He doesn't want you" but that would be mean, I guess. Imagine if, for example, I said I only dated light skinned women with long hair that weigh less than 130 pounds. You would think that I am shallow and I'm pretty sure I would get hate email. But female bloggers can say they only date 6'3" chocolate baldheaded men with 6 packs and all the commenters will co sign with them. It's just annoying.

I'm annoyed... by poetry. Not poets per se, but poetry. It's only because I don't get it. And when I do get it, its like okay that was good, but can I get something personal about you, instead of hearing you suck up to the Black Woman, or bash the Black Man. I know I'm in the minority on this one, and the brotha poets get the ladies all moist, but it's just annoying to see the poetical pandering that goes on in Blogland. Haven't we run out of ways to describe the sensuality of a woman yet? No? Oh, okay.

I'm annoyed... when its been 2 weeks since your last post. I know I did it too, but its still annoying. At the very least, give us an update so we know when to come back. I hate checking up on a blog and seeing the same post day after day after day.

I'm annoyed... by private blogs. What are you hiding from me? You know I'm nosy as hell. Share it with the world.

I'm annoyed...by Gratitude Wednesday, Thankful Thursday, whatever you call it. It's been done to death. I get it you are thankful for the same things every week. I'm not saying don't be grateful, but could you at least be grateful on your own time? I'm trying to read a blog here, not a prayer. I'll be thankful if you stop with these repetitive posts.

I'm annoyed...when I get tagged for something I already did. Its like if you read my blog enough to tag me, you should already see that I did this SAME DAMN TAG last week. I'm not saying you have to read everyday, but come on if you want to know about me, don't tag me, just read the damn blog.

Finally, I'm annoyed... that I don't know how to use the strike through feature. I see a bunch of people doing it, but I can never get it to work. Same thing with the bold in comments. Every time I try to do it, I get an error saying that the html was not accepted. Yes, I know I could do some research on how to do it, but I haven't. Perhaps I revel in being annoyed, rather than finding the answer.

So that's some of the things that annoy me about blogging. Remember, that does NOT mean I don't like you or your blogs. Don't go getting all sensitive on me. Besides I'm sure I do plenty of stuff to annoy you too. It's only natural. Now it's your turn. What annoys you about this blogging thing? Let a brotha know. If I do it, I probably wont change, but I'm still interested. Blog Bully Jameil, I just know you have something to add. LOL