Saturday, January 26, 2008

Musical Notes



Just a few notes about music. I'll try not to be too much of a hater, even though it's in me.


Do people not realize that J.ay-Z is talking from the perspective of dope in his song I Kno.w? They play it on the radio like he's actually talking as a man to a woman. He's actually talking as heroin to a dope fiend. Even though I don't really like the Ame.rican G.angster album, his lyrics are on point.

Never was much of a Ciar.a fan, but in that new video she's looking kinda nice. She's like a mixture between a fitness model and pole dancer. Me likey!

That Chr.is Br.own song "Wi.th Y.ou" sounds to me like a retread of Beyon.ce's "Irr.ep.laceable." I wonder if N.e-Y.o wrote that one too. At the least, it must have been produced by the same people (whoever they are.)

My embarrassing stupid song that I like of the moment Ro.ck.o Da D.on: "Um.ma Do M.e" My favorite line: "You like dancin' I just two step/You like to trick off but I don't do that." Something about the phrase "trick off" just cracks me up. I can't believe this dude is with Mo.nica. Is there no justice in the world?

Is that R.Kelly rem.ix to "Fla.shing Lig.hts" a real remix or did he just Deebo the track? It sounds like he just made his own shit up and delivered it to radio.

S.is.Q0 is doing a country music show? Wow... I wonder if he still got that platinum blonde hair cut. Anyone remember when he had that dance show on MTV? Sis.qo's Shak.edown, I think it was called. Remember I was telling you about my homeboy Tony last week. Back in the day, he got that blonde S.isQo-esque hairstyle. We clowned him incessantly about that.

My niece got Alici.a Ke.y's album this week. Why did she play "No O.ne" 50-leven times in a row. I was like can you go to the next song...please? I beg of you...no more "N.o One." I guess it's better than that Han.nah Mo.ntana she was listening to a couple of months ago. Okay, full disclosure time... I actually like that show and even sometimes watch it when the kids aren't around. LOL, I know that sounds strange, but hey, I'm just being honest.

It pains me to write this sentence but I'm gonna do it anyway. W.uT.ang's album is fuckin' horrible. I was the biggest W.u fan back in the day. I will still zone out to their first 3 albums, not to mention a lot of the solo albums. I know they've been out of the spotlight for a minute, but I was expecting something a whole lot better from them. On the contrary, Gh.ostface (from the Wu) delivered another hip hop classic album in my opinion. I need him to share his beats with the rest of the clan.

Someone do me a favor, please? Tell Lil Wa.yne that he doesn't have to be on every song, mixtape, video etc. There is a such thing as over exposure. Even though, he did deliver one of my favorite lines this year ("I'm so fucking good like I'm sleeping with Meagan" I tried several times to write a post using that title, but I couldn't ever come up with anything. LOL), he really is not that good to be diluting himself on everybody else's songs. Just tell him to slow it down, and while you're at it, tell him to stop getting arrested for drugs. Thanks!

I rode by the Lu.pe Fi.asco concert tonight. I didn't buy a ticket, cuz I just don't know about him. He's cool, but I don't think I would want to see him perform live. W.yclef was in Atlanta last night too. I know I don't wanna see him. He's one of those cats in the game I respect, but whose music I don't like.
I could be wrong, but isn't falsetto a male thing? I was listening to TheDr.eam's song of the same name, and he was talking about making a girl talk in a "False.tto." Wouldn't that just be her natural higher pitched voice? I don't know, and I probably should look it up before I post this, but I got enough damn links in this post.

Ame.rie! Don't have anything to say about her, just wanted an excuse to post a picture of her. Good Lawd!!! She is running a close second to Ga.brielle Un.ion in the celebrity crush field.


You ever have a crush on someone that was based on something totally other than looks? Fait.h Eva.ns used to be my music crush. Her voice is just amazing and I hope she releases something new soon. I heard a new??? song the other day that just reminded me that I was missing her.

I know I said I would try not to sound like a hater, but I have nothing but contempt for B.ow Wo.w and Om.arion. Their music makes me want to smash whatever outlet is playing it. It's on the radio - HULK SMASH! Video on BET - HULK SMASH!. On the internet - HULK SMASH! I know that a lot of artists will sample other artists, but when they used "Goin.g B.ack To C.ali" for their new song, I wanted to just find them and beat the shit outta them. Well, mostly Bo.w W.ow. I don't like O, but at least he's not a poseur and actually has a modicum of talent. Okay, rant over.

Even when I intend to write a short post, I find a way to make it long as hell. LOL! Anyway, these were Rashan's Musical Notes for the day. Happy Saturday!